- Innovative, visionary content strategist with an interest in building global, audience-centric, multi-platform content strategies that leverage uniquely branded thought leadership to build brand affinity, trust, value, awareness and growth across markets, segments, and channels.
- International multimedia journalist, wordsmith and editor, producing thoughtful, intelligent content for both media outlets and brands
- Mobile marketing and UX expert, with experience designing award-winning, high-profile national campaigns, lifting consumer purchase intent by over 50%.
- Mobile app producer and app store expert, specializing in ASO copywriting, asset management, conversion optimization and competitive analysis.
- Global Sr. Manager, Content Strategy/Storytelling (Dec 2013-present) — Symantec, Culver City, CA. Strategic leader of editorial brand content strategy across all B2B & B2C segments and global markets.
- Leading strategic planning for content marketing across all cross-functional teams in support of campaigns, promotions, and always on brand messaging.
- Managing a team of writers and vendors to develop and optimize consumer and enterprise editorial blogs and articles, videos, infographics, e-books, and whitepapers for North America and APJ/EMEA/ LAMC regions, maintaining the integrity of brand messaging, thought leadership, and brand voice throughout all channels.
- Marketing Manager (March 2013-Dec 2013) — Symantec, Culver City, CA.
- Developed competitive app market strategies, mobile optimization and acquisition specialist, building brand recognition and discovery within top app markets, such as Google Play, iTunes, Windows 8, and Samsung.
- Facilitated app market submissions by acting as project manager for app markets between engineering and marketing teams.
- Marketing Manager (Nov 2010-July 2012) – inMarket, Venice, CA. Consumer marketing strategist in three successful mobile app launches, growing active users to over 1 million in one year.
- Drove mobile UI design as advertising project manager and creative director, imagining award-winning mobile and social campaigns for high profile clients, such as Coca-Cola, which lifted brand awareness and purchase intent.
- Developed online branding and grew social media presence for mobile apps, developing brand voice, designing user acquisition and product awareness campaigns, engagement strategies, retention strategies, and lead generation strategies over multiple platforms. Grew CheckPoints App Facebook fan page to over 100,000 followers in the first year.
- Managed assets and wrote all web and app store copy, as well as served as a beta tester and consultant for a new ASO software platform.
- Served as public relations and blogger outreach, designing affiliate programs, writing white papers, discussion panels, and reaching out to journalists. Maintained a team of 250+ blogger affiliates and achieved placement on local television stations, as well as SXSW Interactive Festival in 2012.
- Content Manager (Mar 2010- Nov 2010) — Sandler Partners, Manhattan Beach, CA.
- Oversaw development and UI design of a unique digital telecommunications sales tool.
- Served as a project manager and UI designer for the development of an online sales portal and managed all changes, maintenance and agent support issues.
- Kept agents informed and engaged in a rapidly changing industry by writing daily sales content, articles, e-newsletters, and creating offline sales education events.
- Attended trade and agent-recruiting social events, developed and maintained important relationships with carriers and sales agents across the United States.
- Wrote and negotiated B2B contracts with agents and carriers
- Creative Director/Producer (Nov 2009-Sep 2010) – enCOMPASS Entertainment, Los Angeles, CA.
Wrote, edited and produced syndicated social media-based web TV show, “See Jane Run,” and others (“DockTales”). Designed social and digital marketing strategies.
- Multimedia Journalist (Jan 2003-June 2011) – Freelance, London, UK, Los Angeles, CA, New York City, NY & St. Louis, MO.
Brought awareness to local and global issues with feature articles (Eg: “Carter’s New Book Offers Advice to the New Administration”); video, podcast, and micro documentaries (Eg: “St. Louis Swing Tradition Still Going Strong”).
- Multi-Marketing Strategist (Mar 2003-Mar 2013)- Contractor, London, UK, Los Angeles, CA, New York City, NY & St. Louis, MO.
- Breathed new life into small businesses and artist promotions by creating digital and social media brand strategies, websites, and PR/communications strategies.
- Served as beta tester, UX consultant and digital interface design expert for mobile and web apps, websites, blogs and social media pages.
- Designed and promoted art and music events for crowds of 5000+, obtaining major sponsors.
- Negotiated and wrote contracts with International agencies for artists and sponsorships for events and fundraisers.
- MA International Journalism (2008 with Merit) — City University, London, UK. Print/Online module, Pop Music specialism.
Co-developed a live global news site, Mind the Globe, serving as multimedia editor and beta tester for a new CMS program. Headed a global awareness campaign to end global hunger, “Remember The 37”.
- BA English (2006 cum Laude) — University of Missouri St. Louis. Writing Certificate (2007).
Revived a defunct student literary publication as co-editor (editing, marketing, event planning) and spokesperson for Litmag.
- Marketing & Social Media: SEO, CMS, ASO, SEM, CRM, Constant Contact, project management, UX/UI (Web & Mobile), Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, Pinterest, Tumblr, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc.), Hootsuite, SQL Developer, Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics, Adwords, Adsense, Greystripe, Radian 6, TweetReach, Flurry.
- Creative & Design: HTML, CSS, XML, HD camera operation, Adobe Creative Suite, Quark, Apple QuickTime, Final Cut Studio.
- Office & Language Skills: Microsoft Office, Mac, mobile (Android & iOS), tablet & PC proficient, French language fluency.
Clubs and Hobbies
- Organizations: Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training (participant, volunteer, and fundraiser), City University–London Alumni Association, Aure Foundation (fundraiser), Beagles & Buddies (volunteer), Swim With Heart Masters (volunteer and participant), CicLAvia (volunteer).
- Hobbies: Distance running, triathlon, swimming, hiking, cycling, horseback riding, playing with puppies, kayaking, boating, taking the road less traveled, traveling, creative writing and blogging, visual art, discovering new recipes and thought provoking new books, wine tasting.